optional supplemental Dental Coverage
SummaCare enrollees can purchase a separate optional dental plan administered by Delta Dental of Ohio.
- You pay $0 for exams (Limited to two per year).
- You pay $0 for cleanings (Limited to two per year).
- You pay $0 for bitewing x-rays (Limited to one set per year).
- You pay 50% of the cost for minor restorative services (Resin fillings and simple extractions).
- You pay 50% of the cost for a root canal to treat teeth with diseased or damaged nerves.
- You pay 50% for relining and repairs to bridges and/or dentures.
Delta Dental Provider Directory
Search for a Delta Dental provider or view the directory. (Please note that services received from either Delta Dental Premier or non-participating network dentist may result in additional charges to the member.)
To see if a dentist participates with Delta Dental of Ohio, you may visit www.deltadentaloh.com or call Delta Dental of Ohio's Customer Service Department at 800-524-0149.
Want To Add This Coverage?
If you want to add this coverage, you must do so within 30 days of your enrollment or during the Annual Enrollment Period (AEP) which runs from October 15 through December 7.
If you are enrolling in SummaCare for the first time, simply check the “Delta Dental” box on your enrollment form. Existing members can request a 2017 Delta Dental Enrollment Form or enroll by phone by calling SummaCare at 330-996-8885 or (toll free) 800-996-6250 (TTY 800-750-0750). From October 1 through February 14, a representative will be available to take your call from 8:00 am until 8:00 pm, seven days a week. From February 15 through September 30, a representative will be available to take your call from 8:00 am until 8:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Outside these hours, you may leave us a message and a representative will return your call the next business day.
Last Updated: 02/20/2017